Recently, dental implants have been one of the most common restorative treatments. A powerful, beautiful, and full smile can be restored for lost teeth. Patients often wonder what this treatment offers.
Consider Dental Implants: Why?
It’s normal to be nervous about surgery. However, when Illinois people get done by a dentist memphis, tn, dental implants are more reliable than alternative restorative methods. Here are some strong reasons for dental implants:
Dental Implants Feel Like Teeth
Implants match genuine teeth, which is one of its main advantages over other cosmetic tooth replacement options. After the treatment, some patients can’t tell genuine teeth from implants, making it easy to adjust.
Implants Restore Teeth Function
Since these replacements feel natural, your mouth will function properly as if you hadn’t lost a tooth. Dental implants can restore these tooth functions:
- After restoring your bite force, you can manage tougher food.
- The implants can replace extracted molars, improving digestion.
- Keep your usual oral hygiene practice without any problems because dental implants may be cleaned like ordinary teeth.
- Unlike dentures, implants are reliable.
- Dentures wear out eventually.
Dentures loosen over time, making some patients uneasy while laughing or moving their jaw. Having your dentures fall out in public might cause emotional anxiety.
Dental implants replace dentures and their hassles. No more teeth falling or getting lost. Screws and titanium cylinders secure implants. Any mouth or jaw movement is allowed.
Implants Are Lifelong
Sometimes dental bridges need to be changed after 10 years. Dentures last 5–7 years, depending on use and care. But when it comes to long-term reliability, implants shine. Dental implants are quite durable and can last a long time with the right care.
The following are some of the reasons why Illinois people choose dental implants edwardsville il as a good alternative to other prosthetic solutions:
- Titanium, one of the most long-lasting metals, is used for both the crown’s screws and the fixings that are implanted into the jawbone.
- Metal, metal fused porcelain, or all-ceramic are some of the long-lasting materials used to make crowns and prosthetic teeth. These materials are extremely resistant to damage from food, germs, and acidic substances.
- If you take care of your prostheses properly, they should last a lifetime.
Dental Implants Prevent Facial Sagging
Losing jawbone volume causes facial drooping. The nose-chin distance will decrease as bone loss collapses in the lower third of the face. Additional visible alterations include:
- A lot of mouth wrinkles
- The chin becomes quite pointy or elongated.
- Older-looking face
- Once extractions heal, dental implants can cover empty spaces.
Avoiding Misalignment with Dental Implants
Other teeth may tilt to one side or the other if there are spaces in your jawline. In due time, misalignment will result from these ever-changing postures. Among the many dental issues that can result from misaligned teeth are:
- Enabling bacteria to colonize tiny spaces between teeth, which in turn causes gum disease.
- Interfering with your voice’s projection.
- Wearing down neighboring teeth due to pressure
- If you want to avoid these issues and keep your teeth in a healthy position, dental implants are a great option.